Sunday, May 17, 2009

countdown is on... & I've got a long way to go!

Ugh, I've really gotta get with it...... My ankles are still really hurting, to the point where I don't feel comfortable running on them for now. I'm not exactly in panic mode, but I officially have less than 6 months now to train for my 1/2. AHHH! I ran on Fri, May 8th and then took the weekend off so my ankles would have a 2 day break. Keith and I went to run on Monday and I suffered through it. I didn't run again until Thursday and that hurt too. I was technically supposed to run yesterday, but it rained all day. Darn. Even if it hadn't been raining, I don't think I could have done it. I don't know what's going on here, but it's pissing me off. I think I'm going to go to Runtex on Tuesday (Bradyn's last full school day before summer break!) and get fitted for some real running shoes. Ouch! on the investment, but I think it will be well worth it. I have a tendency to get shin splints and I would love to try to prevent this problem before it happens, as well as fix my ankles. If $100 running shoes don't help, I don't know what to do. Maybe chalk up my crochety old ankles to old age. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment